Charmed RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmed RPG

A (newly renovated) place to RP based off our favorite show!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Calvin Nathan Cat

Go down 
+2
Piper
Calvin Nathan Cat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:26 pm

When registering a character, please have the following information:

Your name: Another Kevin

Your age: I’m in my third decade (which makes me 30)

Your gender: I’m a man.

Your timezone:

Your location: Germany

Name: Calvin Nathan Cat

Group: Human – now I have superpowers. *gnaaagh*

Power: > Metamorphosis

This mutation is a product of a chemical cocktail, that was administered to Cal by accident. It allows him to change his DNA nearly without limits. Of course there are some limitations – he can`t change the pure mass of him – so, that it is not possible to morph into a little child and neither is it possible to morph into inanimate objects like chairs, desks and stuff like that.  

He can`t keep running around in his morphed shape more then 5 to 10 minutes tops. If he tries to do more, it might happen, that his complete DNA could collapse, which would cause the death of Cal.

A nother limitation is the number of the persons he morphed himself into. It is a psychological effect and could cause a loss of identity, if he tries to transform himself into more then 3 persons in short time.

Hypersanation

Like his metamorphosis-mutation, Cal got this ability after he was injected with a superserum.
He can heal himself – but again, within certain limitations.
During one hour, he can heal himself two times, because the cellular regeneration requires a certain ammount of power – and endangering the stability of Cals DNA, too. In the first five minutes of his regeneration, his cellular stability is endangered proportionally to the danger of his wound – that means en clair, that a cut in the finger is healing within seconds and his structure is stable, more or less.
When he hs shot in stomach, shoulder or head – things get complicated.

A shot in the shoulder does consume the half of a regeneration period (which is half an hour) – so it takes 15 minutes to heal and another 15 minutes to stabelize the genetic structure.
When he is hit in the stomach, he is busy a complete regeneration period to heal himself (30 minutes) and he has to lay low another 30 minutes, for the stabelization of his genetic code.
A shot in the head takes 2 regeneration periods ( a complete hour) to heal, and another hour to stabelize himself.

That means in conclusium, that it is extremely simple to kill him – attack him while he is in another form and he can’t morph back, without risking to die – attack him during his regeneration period again, and he will die, too.

Same goes for water – hence he can’t swim, he will sink like a stome.

Personality: Funny, babbly, friendly – those are the words, that come up, when Calvin Nathan Cat is to be described. That he also has an ego and a temper, that is little known – but when you know him good, you might have noticed, that his overall, friendly, constant smiling face, with those amused sparkling ice blue eyes, can be sometimes something of a façade. He is also very caring, can be insensitive, but is mostly the sensetive kind of guy.

His biggest flaw in his character is the so called “Cat-Factor”. This “factor” means, that he is really accident prone and it might be, that he is hypnotized or put under drugs – sometimes he might just be hit with a tool or a wooden beam.

Pointing a gun at a guy? No problem. But at a woman? Hell, no. He is a gentleman and doesn’t like lying, hurting or menacing women. Even when he is being menaced by a woman, holding a gun point blank, he tries and talks with her.

In general you might say, that Cal is really often in sickbay or hospital. It might be, that he was dared to jump into mud – naked – or provoced a guy, which has the height and musclepower of the incredible Hulk squared – or that he threw himself at a woman, who was being shot at – that is the summary of the “cat-Factor”.

You might also think, that he is really arrogant, but that is not entirely true. He has a ceratin affetive way of talking, moving and so on, but he is not really arrogant.

You might also think, that he is really arrogant, but that is not entirely true. He has a ceratin affective way of talking, moving and so on, but he is not really arrogant. If in the medieval england there could have been the personal-assesment-structure of “Jo-Hari-Window” – that segments the persons appearance before others in 4 segments, called a (what I know of me), b (what I want the others to know of me), c (what everyone else knows of me, but me) and d (what no one knows of me), the segment b would say, that he wants to appear confident, not to be fooled with and yet sympathically, but segment c) would say, that he can be arrogant. SO, he wants to appear and portrait himself in some other way, he actually can be.
He wants to save the innocent, the helpless and the powerless – or at least, try to make a difference.
Frequently, he uses catch-phrases from known characters out of television, like “Let’s get dangerous” (Darkwing Duck), “Oh boy” (Sam Beckett [Quantum Leap]) “Geronimo” (11.th Doctor [Doctor Who]), but he tends to break out in his own language, which is german – better: the dialect of the ruhr-area – so, he can also say “Wat” (okay, that is what – no problem there), “dat” (that), “Wat is ambach?” (What is the matter?) or “Ach du kriss die Motten” (“Oh dear!”, “Oh Shit” – general term of astonishment or fear.)
He has a fear of all hymenopteras with a stinger, that includes wasps, bees, hornets – bumblebees are quite cute, so he has no problem with them – gnats, he doesn’t like, but has no fear in general. But he also suffers from a mild form of acrophobia.
His role models are his parents – a comedian and an author (a female one), because they gave him the ability to speak in a more distinguished way (even he uses wat, dat, and other colloquial expressions from home), but his dad, the comedian, was a role model in a certain way. He used to say: “No matter, who is in front of you – you can wise-crack about him, any time. The only thing, you have to care for is the following – allways have an escape plan.”
He is keen of reading. Furthermore he loves to have good conversations with nice people, but his biggest hobby is, and propably will be forever:  Writing. His mother instructed him to write nice paragraphs and so he tried to cultivate that. Well, he tried, he is not really good at it, but he used to say “Für den Hausgebrauch reicht es” – that is “For me it suffices.” in English.

Picture and Face Claim: Matt Smith

Calvin Nathan Cat  Matt-Smith-Doctor-Who-209x150

History A normal beginning

Cal was born on 18th of octobre in a german city called Hamburg.
His parents – a well known authoress of crime- and comedy novels and a small time comedian, taught him justice, comedy, timing and curiousness. His brothers taught him how to be a big mouth – well, that caused him a lot of trouble, but his elder brother also taught him, how to try to sweet talk his way out of the trouble, a thing that never worked really well.
In secondary-school, he found himself interested in journalism, so he tried to work harder, to earn himself at least the possibility, to study this subject on an university.
But, hence he didn`t came up with the necessary qualifications, he tried to get to the news paper in another way – and he succeeded in doing an internship. On that way, he found his way to come to a well known german newspaper, and after that he tried again, to study serious journalism. Again, it didn’t work that well, so he had to cook up another possibility.

He wrote a letter of application to the Harvard-university. Of course they didn’t take him, but a friendly secretary told him, that there was a little known small university, he could try to write this letter of application to. He tried and succeeded.

After his time on the university, he tried to get to some well known newspapers – but failed. Instead he came  to a newspaper, that was specialized on two things.
1) crap
2) megacrap
That means en clair:
1) writing bad articles and reviews on artists, social events and political events of great socio-political relevance
2) writing bad articles about “the things, no one else writes articles about” meaning: things like UFO-sightings and so on
It was clear, that this newspaper was extremely well sold, although it was a completely laughing stock.

sudden changes  
One day, Cal was sent to the Bad Wolf Facility in England. His assignment was: attending to a press conference.
On his way to that press conference, he had this accident.
It was not really an accident, if was a planned, well calculated human trial – on the wrong person.
See, Cal knocked himself out, by not watching his steps, so he hit his head on a pipe, while he was watching a cute laboratory-assistant. So, he was being taken to the infirmary, where a doctor, who wanted just to end a stressfull day, had just received a sample of the new “T-R-A 8472”-vaccine, which was supposed to create supersoldiers.

The soldier, who was supposed to try it out, was not available, hence he got caught by a normal flu, the syringe was lying around unused. The doctor just wanted to end his stressfull day and told the female doctor, who was taking over the infirmary for night shift, that the syringe with the anti-headache-stuff would be lying there. What no-one took into consideration, was that the anti-headache-stuff was not lying there. The only syringe, that was there, was the syringe with the supersoldierstuff.
So, that was it, what the woman injected Cal, and after he mouthed an “ouch”, his body started to react – that meant, he did a really good immitation of a hulkout – well, without the ripping clothes.
But the female doctor was not stupid, she just knocked him out, by injecting a sedative in his bloodstream.

But – in the holding cell, he was put in, he tried to escape, which he actually succeeded in, through his mutation. He transformed himself into the doctor-in-charge, knocked out the guard and escaped as quickly, as it was possible.

I am NOT stupid!

On the next day, he wrote a letter of resignation to the newspaper, he was working with. He knew – from reading comic books – that it was not good, if people knew about certain persons powers, so he tried to avoid telling things that were correlated with the “bad wolf incident”. Instead, he travelled through the united states, doing a few things here, a few things there, but as he reached a nice town called “metropolis” and saw the big, rotating sign of the “daily planet”, that was nearly mesmerizing him, he could not resist, but write a letter of application to the boss.
Even, when he was assigned, he didn’t talk about the things, that were happening in the bad-wolf-facility.

A hero is born

In his first three days in good old Frisco – where he went to work for the ever-awesome newspaper “The Bay Mirror” - , he became witness of a very unpeaslent scene. Three teenagers tried to get into the pants of a 24 year old woman. Being a gentleman, Cal tried to attack the teenagers, but got beaten up for good. So, he escaped from the place, triggered his transformation and morphed himself in a young woman. Then he attracted the attention of one of the teenagers, ran away, transformed himself into that teenager and knocked the guy down for good, by using a lid of a dumpster.
Then he returned to the teenagers, screaming that the police was coming near. Those rowdies escaped and Cal approached the young woman, who was correcting her outward appearance.
Smilingly he said: “Young lady, don’t worry. You are safe now.”

Rp Sample:  (Note: This posting was used as RPG-Sample for a sanctuary-RPG. If an RPG-Sample-Post within the setting of charmed is to be used, I’ll try to cook something up.)

The street was cold.
Well, that is something that is normal, when it is late october.
Calvin Cat hated that wheather, but he had no other choice. One of his contacts had said, that “that raven haired Carter-chick” was near and so he went here to see, if that contact just wanted a few dollars for a drink, or was telling the truth.

The moon shone brightly from the heaven – well, not the moon, because that celestial body is a light source of second order, that means it just reflects the light from a light source first order – which is the sun in that case.
When he arrived at the impasse, he saw at first exactly that. A dead end.
“Oh klasse”, he sighed. “Oh klasse” was german and meant “oh great”.
“Der will wirklich nur Geld schnorren.” (that guy just wants the money!), Cal deduced, before he heard a roar, that would make the incredible Hulk sounding like a kitten, that just mewed cutely.
“What the…”, the journialist started, as something broke out of the wall – exactly like Hulk or the cool-aid-man, he had saw in one game review.

In front of him, there was a guy, at least 10 feet tall, muscular as the Hulk and – well, to be fair, that thing looked like one of Hulks relatives, or a crossbreed of that marvel character and a neanderthal. It roared challenging, then drummed at his chest like a gorrilla going crazy.
At that moment, Helen Magnus and a few other guys appeared. He looked at them – well, Helen just was Sam Carter in dark, another woman, a cute blonde, was aiming at “hulk”s head, while a guy with glasses was – well, the journialist didn`t knew what he was doing, but he guessed, it had its importance and meaning.

“Hi”, he said and winced back, as that thing started to roar again. Then it went completely crazy. First it knocked down – or out ? – that guy with that glasses, then it kicked the blonde girl in the stomach and shoved Helen to ground, before roaring at him and running towards him.

“Hey guy!”, he heard and saw that Helen was throwing something at him. Instinctively he caught it and in that moment, Hulk was there. Feeling, that it shoved him a few meters through the air, he landed on his behind and decided, that it would be pratical, to stay down. But then that beasty thing was there, again, screaming at him.
Saliva exited the mouth and landed on Cals glasses.
“Ew!”, he commented and felt that he just reacted.
He didn’t even point, just pulled the trigger.
That beastie screamed, fell to ground, holding its knee.
Then, Helen was besides it and injected something. The breathing got more regular and it just … stopped doing something.
“What did you do?”, Cal asked and gave her back her weapon.
Then Helen started explaining things.

Last edited by Calvin Nathan Cat on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm quite interested in this character's development. So far so good!
Back to top Go down
https://charmedworld.rpg-board.net
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Great to hear. ^^ or.... to read. ^^ That would be about it, what is to say about Cal.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:50 am

Now you just need a picture for profile and add a picture to your bio and you should be good to go Very Happy.

Greetz
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:19 pm

The picture for the biography has been posted. ^^ But I could need help with an Avatar for Cal. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:15 am

What help do you need? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 pm

Help with an Avatar, help with a set - because I really suck at those. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 2:42 am

pm me what you need and i'll try to help ;-).
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Okay, I could really need some help with the avatar and the picture, that is needed in the biography.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am

But do you need us to find an actor for you or just add a picture that you want to your profile Smile ?
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 am

As I already pointed out, I would need the pictures, that are apparently requested. I already settled with Matt Smith as actor for Cal.

(edit: Stupid Keyboard. Sorry, I meant "Need" not "beed".)
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:15 am

I am not a Mod or anything. I am just a Nerd.

Reminiscent of the Noxons, Pator and Rondok, which were experimented on by Demons, and the Krychek, which were experimented on by the US Government.

Dr Curtis Williamson was a Nil Human (Mortal) and injected himself with Charmed Blood, giving him Charmed Powers. They were well above what his body could handle.

Karen Young was a Nil Human (Mortal) given powers by a Power Broker. It broke her brain.

Shapeshifting - The ability to change the physical form or shape of the body.

Cal probably had an ancestor with magic. It was probably in his genetic code. Is this Virus that he was injected with, did it give him the Powers or Raise up Latent Powers?
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 am

I've taken care of his avatar picture as well as his bio picture.

Calvin Nathan Cat  Approvedkopie
Back to top Go down
https://charmedworld.rpg-board.net
Scarlett Halliwell

Scarlett Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 am

Piper the avatar off calvin is just splendid. Well done .
Btw Kevin welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:07 am

Hey, thank you very much, Piper, thank you very, very much. ^^
@Scarlett: Thank you for the "welcome aboard". *bows his head*
@Berzerk: Probably it was in Cals genetic code. Or he's a timelord. ^^ I'm kidding. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:10 am

Good to have you! :-)
Welcome to the site Smile

Greetz
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:49 am

Do not say Time Lord too loudly. There are those that will want to talk about certain sci fi shows wiht you. That and that wonderful TARDIS joke about me wanting to build a house that is built into the hill. Nothing like seeing a house, and then walking in and going, "Why is it bigger on the inside than on the outside?"
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm

No problem - I'm game. Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, even Space Patrol - Orion - I'm familiar with. ^^

Now that I am orange, I might start rpg'ing, right?
Back to top Go down
Eilis

Eilis

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 pm

hello Doctor.. I mean Calvin Smile
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello Amy - erm... I mean Elllis. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calvin Nathan Cat  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin Nathan Cat    Calvin Nathan Cat  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calvin Nathan Cat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmed RPG :: Character Registration-
Jump to: